ramifications, MTN unarguably the nation's widest telecommunications
network is offering a first of its kind in terms of aid and assistance
to start-ups and small businesses. Tagged the MTN Budding Entrepreneur
Business Grant, its aim is to see the dreams of still budding
businesses come to full bloom and fruition. The grant sum which comes
to the tune of 30 million naira will be given to the 3 best ideas at
the MTN Leadership seminar which is to take place from the 24th -27th
April 2012 in Lagos and Port-Harcourt with the brightest idea of them
all also getting a 6 month mentorship program with Dr Farrah Gray -
world renowned businessman, investor, philanthropist, author,
syndicated columnist, and motivational speaker.
· Participation is open to all Registered MTN customers under
the age of 40 as at 30/04/12.
· To register, participants are required to fill in the
application form and send their business ideas via the
· The business ideas will be screened and shortlisted
participants will be invited for presentation before a panel which
will sit at Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Shortlisted participants
will be contacted for the live presentations.
· The best 12 ideas will be shortlisted.
· The 12 finalists will be assisted to package their business
plan in partnership with credible associations.
· Dr. Farrah Gray will then review the 12 business ideas and
pick the winning ideas
· The winner of the best idea will receive N20m and 6 Months
mentoring from Dr. Farrah Gray.
· The next 2 best ideas will receive N5m each to start up and
or enhance their business